CTG ENGINEER/SCIENTIST in Ecorse, Michigan
Job Number: 17203400
Computer Task Group is seeking an entry level Process Modeling Engineer to work a position in Ecorse, MI.
We currently have an opening for a Process Modeling Engineer as a Management Associate to join our Process Control and Information Technology organization at the Great Lakes Works operation in Ecorse, MI. The Management Associate position is an entry-level position that prepares the college graduate for management and process modeling engineering responsibilities. Process Model expertise for a project involving the use of Thingworx.
• Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or other relevant degree.
• Working knowledge of Physics including dynamics and thermodynamics
• Ability to read and understand software programming languages such as Fortran, C, Java and C#
• Must have a 3.0 GPA
• Graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university at the time of hire
• Must have less than three years of professional work experience
• Ability to develop software modeling solutions in Java or C
• Knowledge of steel making processes. As an integral part of this highly skilled, innovative team, you will play a significant role in providing critical services to our production operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, testing and support of process control automation systems.
We are seeking a bright, innovative leader with the technical skills, energy, and ambition to help shape the future for Great Lakes Works Process Control. The ideal candidate is resourceful, motivated, and team oriented; to assist in our transformation journey, the “Carnegie Way”.
• Support the critical steel making operations at Great Lakes Works by ensuring that process control systems are highly available and error resistant.
• Identify, participate in, and / or lead high impact process control projects that result in improvements to safety, quality, production yield and / or financial benefits.
• Collaborate closely with Corporate Research & Technology, Engineering, and Plant Operations Leadership to define process control strategy and develop solutions.
• Partner with plant operations and global peer leaders to develop, support, and champion the application of process control best practices.
• Work closely with operations teams to understand requirements and identify improvement opportunities; translate into project or minor enhancement specifications, complete with work estimates and forecasted benefits.
• Develop and maintain mathematical models using data mining and statistical analysis methods.
• Design reporting, screens (HMIs), database schemas and web pages in support of the models.
Please apply below or send resumes to Tana.Stilloe@ctg.com.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Chemical Engineering