CTG PROJECT MANAGER II in Corning, New York
Title: PROJECT MANAGER II
Job Number: 17206721
Computer Task Group is seeking a Project Manager to work a 6 month contract position working onsite at their clients location in Corning, NY.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., may vary and can be flexible
Scope of Position:
• This role will provide over site and leadership for key and significant business projects targeted at delivering incremental business COM. Individuals will be responsible to develop and deploy transformation projects to meet and or exceed project objectives targeted at delivering incremental COM.
• Defines, develops and manages overall project scope, objectives, timeline, milestones, risk assessments, financial management and projections, communication and change management plans to meet customer needs. Develop policies, processes and expertise to meet business objectives.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Supervises and effectively manages multiple and broad ranges of projects to meet business and corporate goals and objectives.
• Develops an overall project plan that includes: scope, objectives, charter, timeline and milestones, risk assessment, financial projections, performance measures, and communication and change management plans.
• Effectively leads teams to meet project deliverables.
• Obtains and manages project resources, including external consultants.
• Conducts qualitative and quantitative analysis using appropriate tools and techniques to understand severity of potential risks.
• Examines project uncertainties that may impact the success of the project, identifying and analyzing the significant risks and recommending proactive work around or mitigation strategies.
• Escalates decision and unresolved issues to appropriate parties.
• Owns a project until a receiver is identified and trained.
• Communicates project goals, objectives, key status information and overall impact of the project effectively with project team members, customers and key stakeholders.
• Partners with Strategic Sourcing and business based GSM resources to negotiate, develop, and manage contracts, as required.
• Leverages third party resources to achieve effective solutions utilizing SRM processes.
• Champions use of Performance Excellence tools.
• Supervises direct reports, as required.
• Champions and advocates for the Global Buying Policy. Ensures compliance.
• Delivery to project schedule, budget and deliverables
• Shared Objectives Score %
• Global Objectives Performance
• SLA: Degree of customer satisfaction (Cost / Quality / Service / Effectivess / Efficiency / Value)
• Project Team Feedback - documented positive project team feedback as a measure of meeting project team development requirements. Measures to include coaching and counseling, leadership, recognition, etc.
• Project and / or Business Portfolio metrics (% completion, Financials per AR, schedule, Quality, Performance, $$ delivered, ROI, etc.)
Travel Requirements: Domestic and International travel as required
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 Hours per week
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
Required Years and Area of Experience: 5
• Experience in manufacturing, operations, planning, engineering, supply chain, supply management, or procurement
• Experience working in a matrix environment or on a cross-functional team
• Certified Green Belt
• Previous project management experience
• Experience across multiple businesses, division and / or technologies
• Experience with global manufacturing and business through work and / or project experience
• Certified Black Belt
• Experience with global business knowledge
• Change Management training / experience
• Comfort Around Higher Management
• Can deal comfortably with more senior managers
• Can present to more senior managers without undue tension and nervousness
• Understands how senior managers think and work
• Can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs
• Can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive
• Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities
• Reads situations quickly
• Good at focused listening
• Can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably
• Can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise
Cross - Cultural Resourcefulness:
• Gets things done across varied and different international conditions
• Can make do without having everything they need
• Gets rare resources others cannot get
• Is a skilled negotiator
• Operates effectively under ambiguous, uncertain conditions
• Tries to learn the local language
• Can figure out what's important
• Listens to and acts on advice of local managers
• Builds relationships quickly
• Relates well to a wide spectrum of people
• Effectively leverages local skills to get things done
• Creates a climate in which people want to do their best
• Can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members
• Can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him / her
• Pushes tasks and decisions down
• Empowers others
• Invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility
• Makes each individual feel his / her work is important
• Is someone people like working for and with
• Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
• Probes all fruitful sources for answers
• Can see hidden problems
• Is excellent at honest analysis
• Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
Function / Technical
• Intermediate Project Management Skills and Practices
• Organizes and manages large and / or complex projects to ensure efficient use of resources and effectively deliver results that meet or exceed expectations
• Is able to prioritize and coordinate multiple priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of processes and tools for managing all phases of a project - initiation, planning, implementation and control, and close - out
• Identifies and quantifies project risks. Implements solutions to alleviate or reduce risks to acceptable levels
• Recommends total plan contingencies and alternatives to achieve project (technical and economic) objectives for their discipline
• Identifies issues requiring new technologies or project delivery methods
• Promotes organizational effectiveness through innovations and improvements in manufacturing and business processes using defined processes and tools
• Champions performance improvement teams
• Builds measurement and feedback into the design of a system or process
• Focuses on the customer's perception of quality
Supplier Relationship Management
• Manages suppliers to effectively shorten lead times and improve fill rates
• Aligns and leverages suppliers' capabilities with Corning's needs
• Develops effective reward and recognition system for critical key suppliers
• Sets continuous and effective improvement goals / metrics for / with suppliers both financial and operational in nature
• Continually evaluates key suppliers' abilities to meet Corning's short / long term needs while adding greater value and competitive advantage
Total Cost of Ownership
• Capable of developing a should cost price structure
• Proactively forecasts future costs of products and services over short and long periods of time and communicates resuls with appropriate parties (Finance, manufacturing, Sales, etc.)
• Considers soft costs or hidden cost drivers (overhead) along with the cost impace on up / downstream processes or operations
Communicate and Engage
• Listens actively to promote understanding
• Communicates with honesty, clarity, directness and awareness of different cultures
• Encourages different views and constructive disagreement to surface new ideas and resolve conflicts
Demonstrate Drive and Commitment
• Demonstrates initiative and a sense of urgency for achieving results
• Sets high standards for personal performance
• Is a good corporate citizen through participation in community activities
• Makes decisions that recognize what it takes to make the department / business unit and people successful
• Brings issues to closure
Inspire and Motivate
• Creates commitment to department / business unit goals and objectives
• Empowers people to make decision and take actions
• Provides balances performance feedback
• Rewards and celebrates excellent performance
• Promotes work / life balance in accord with Corning Values
Manages the development and implementation process of company's products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plans and directs schedules and budgets. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery. Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Additional skills requested:
Ideal candidates would have previous experience with business process improvement. This would include processes in procurement, finance or even on the business side of manufacturing. Some subject knowledge is a plus and would have worked with cross functional global teams to deploy new business processes and tools (i.e. Software). They would have facilitated the development of the process, the configuration and testing of the tool, and the deployment including training.
Please send all resumes to Jessica Novobilski at Jessica.Novobilski@ctg.com referencing job 12029 or apply below.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Project Engineering