CTG Data Analyst in Corning, New York
Title: Data Analyst
Job Number: 17205311
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 10 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Project Duration: Consulting Position, 3.5 months with possibility of extension
Project Location: Corning, NY
Job Title: Data Analyst
Work Hours: Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm, overtime as needed
In this role you will be a key member in the newly formed Applied Advanced Analytics team. The successful candidate will collaborate with data scientist and engineers to implement sophisticated systems and techniques to uncover hidden value in our data assets. Newly discovered insights will drive our manufacturing processes and provide feedback to our manufacturing information and analytics applications. You will be able to listen, observe and understand the true needs, be process curious, technically savvy, and have an overwhelming desire to provide impactful and useful solutions. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to stay technically relevant and be a technical subject matter expert in data-related planning, storage, extraction and transformation of data in traditional and evolving systems.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Build and utilize data systems that enable analytical needs.
• Development of technical best practices for data mapping, data transformations, data quality, data cleansing, ETL and other data movement related activities.
• Develop and document technical specification for the flow of data to and from our integrated manufacturing systems and other disparate data feeds.
• Improve efficiencies of the data loads and reconciliation of data across a wide range of time series and relational data sources.
• Design and develop high performance ETL code/processes to load data from various sources ranging from single point measurements to cloud based solutions.
• Create data visualization solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
• BS Computer Science or Software Engineering. Ideally, candidate will have MS or commensurate experience.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience
• Strong programming skill in .Net technologies and scripting languages such as python, R and C .
• Database experience with Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience in technical application of ETL projects (Scoping, Requirements, Design, Development and Deployment).
• Knowledge and hands on experience working with data in multiple formats such as XML, CSV, Flat files and databases.
• Strong interest in relational databases and data analysis.
• MDX Queries, SSIS, Historian Databases
• Experience interacting with various levels of the organization.
• Experience in following a structured software development process.
• Ability to create and present project related material in front of the Customer/Receiver
• Demonstrate experience designing, building datasets and processes using cloud-based storage and analysis platforms, AWS, Hadoop and Spark
• Ability to communicate with the Customer both from an Engineering and I/T requirements perspective
• Experience with Big Data technologies
• Strong desire to grow this area and see it succeed. Willing to provide customers direction and be able to “sell” our solutions.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and with an ear for the customer’s true needs. Must be coachable.
• Must be a team player (and resolve issues in consultation with other team members)
No third party resumes will be accepted
Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Jessica.Carroll@ctg.com.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Data Analysis / Management