CTG Controls Engineer in Corning, New York
Title: Controls Engineer
Job Number: 17203845
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 10 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Project Duration: Consulting Position, 12 months with possible extension
Project Location: Corning, NY
Job Title: Controls Engineer
Work Hours: M-F, 8-5, 25% OT expected
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Phase 1 Role description:
• Engineer will work onsite with PMD (Progressive Machine & Design), the primary integrator, at the integrators site in Victor, NY. PMD’s controls engineers are responsible for delivering the controls software.
• Engineer’s job is to shadow PMD and internal controls engineers and become intimately familiar with the software, hardware, and process on 1 to 2 of the 7 stations that make up a process cell. It is expected that the engineer will be assigned to 1 or 2 stations, depending on station complexity.
• Engineer must become knowledgeable enough about station functionality that they can independently support equipment debug and process development on the stations, possibly during off-shift hours (TBD) at the integrators site.
• Engineer will also support FAT (factory acceptance testing) at integrators site, possibly during off-shift hours (TBD) at the integrators site.
Phase 2 Role description:
• Engineer will support PMD and internal controls engineers during startup/debug and SAT (site acceptance testing) at the plant in Strykow Poland.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• 4 year Engineering Degree is a minimum
• 0-5 years exp - Recent grads will be considered
• Rockwell PLC
• Precision multiaxis motion experience required
• Must have experience with equivalent vision controllers such as Cognex, Keyence, Omron, etc.
• Ability to perform system debug
• Quick Learners who have a technical curiosity that can be clearly communicated during an interview
• Excellent communication skills
Preferred skill set:
• Matrox vision
• ACS motion controllers
Travel and Shift Details:
• Beginning mid to late Q3 2017, weekly travel to Victor, NY to work with internal integrator and come up to speed on control platform.
• Beginning mid to late Q1 2018, extended travel to Strykow Poland for install startup durations. Expected install and startup duration is 2 months.
• Schedule will change depending on the phase of the project - candidates will need to be flexible and able to work day and night shifts as the project demands
No third party resumes will be accepted
Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Jessica.Carroll@ctg.com.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Electrical Engineering