CTG Ceramics Engineer in Corning, New York
Title: Ceramics Engineer
Job Number: 17206116
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 10 years!
Duration: Consulting Position, 12 months with probable extension
Location: Corning, NY
Job Title: Ceramics Engineer
Work Hours: 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday, some paid OT as needed
Pay: Competitive with full salaried benefits available
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Encompasses scientific and technological principles involved in the processing of clays, silicates, and other nonmetallic minerals with desired properties into commercial products.
• Researches, designs, develops, and tests ceramic materials and products.
• Develops or modifies related process and product technologies to improve the performance of existing products.
• Works under general direction with defined objectives.
• Approach is consistent with established procedures.
• Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
• Contacts are primarily internal and may be outside of the immediate work group or organization.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• BS in Ceramic Engineering or Material Science – Master’s preferred
• 2 years experience required
• Ability to analysis and manipulate data in Excel
• Paste Processing experience
• Process management experience
• Requires understanding and application of standard concepts and techniques relating to paste rheology, powder characterization, and fired ceramic microstructure.
• Requires the ability to develop and resolve solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office software is desired, especially Excel.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis, simple mechanical design & drawing, and/or interest in programming equipment is helpful.
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors!
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.