CTG SUPPLIER ENGINEER III in Concord, North Carolina
Title: SUPPLIER ENGINEER III
Job Number: 17203002
We at CTG are presently seeking Supplier
Engineer III atConcord,NCfor one of our Clients, if this
opportunity interests you please email me your updated resume to Mansoor.firstname.lastname@example.org in word format with your contact information
and the best time to reach you.
Please feel free to call me (Mansoor) at 800-992-5350 x 4978
if you need more information.
Title: Supplier Engineer III
Location : Concord,NC
Duration : 1 year contract
Rate : $39/hr on W2 (without benefits)
Purpose of Position:
• Engineer Buyers assists and/or leads with the development, communication, and
execution of Corning Global Supply Management (GSM) strategic sourcing
strategies; and, develops plans to procure capital products / equipment systems
or services in alignment with business objectives and strategies for Capital
purchases, for all project customers within Corning Optical Communications.
• Leads negotiation of contracts as they come due for renewal and / or are
identified through project or operational work. In addition, minimizes Total
Cost of Ownership and maximizes total value (quality, price, schedule,
intellectual property, service, technology, etc.). This position requires the
use of negotiation skills to resolve issues with suppliers.
• Champions, advocates, and ensures compliance with the GSM Global Buying
• Leads and executes Requests for Information (RFI's), Requests for Proposals
(RFP's), and Requests for Quotes (RFQ's).
• In concert with project team, evaluates competitive offerings, compares
price/cost analysis; and, determines the overall best value for a product or
• In concert with project team, identifies cost reduction and/or cost avoidance
opportunities and executes projects /initiatives to deliver cost savings.
• Leads with the development, and assists with the communication, of assigned
global and commodity intelligence.
• Keeps the businesses and function informed regarding market conditions,
suppliers, lead times, and shifts in pricing for strategic global Capital
materials and services
• Position may require up to 10% travel within the lower 48 states (mostly
within the assigned region).
Hours of Work/ Work Schedule:
• Typical working hours will be 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday).
• 2 year technical degree or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree in
Engineering would be preferred.
• Knowledge of capital construction and process equipment systems supply chains
• Experience working as part of project teams
• Demonstrated analytical abilities
• Experience as a plant or corporate Buyer
• Experience across multiple businesses, division and/or technologies
• Experience with global manufacturing and business through work or project
• Experience in manufacturing operations, planning, engineering, supply
management and / or procurement
• Experience working in a matrix environment or on a cross-functional team
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to obtain a U.S. Passport
• Must be able to pass a background check, drug screening and driving record
• Fluent in English (verbal and written) required.
• Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook,
• Work independently with little or no supervision.
• Ability to interface and communicate effectively with personnel with varied
knowledge levels and responsibilities both internal and external to the company
• When on assignment be able to Multi-Task and Prioritize task as required
• Take ownership of tasks and projects and manage them to completion on time
• Work effectively as a team member, leader and facilitator
• Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or Certified Professional in Supply
Management (CPSM), APICS or certification related to Supply Chain
Manager's Top 5 Skills:
Construction Service/ Equipment
PC, Excel, Peoplesoft preferred but not required
Strong attention to detail
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT