CTG JAVA ENGINEER in Chicago, Illinois
Title: JAVA ENGINEER
Job Number: 17203107
The Platform Integration Team is responsible for management of the overall SW lifecycle for New Product Introductions (NPI) and Android SW upgrades. The team’s focus is to ensure we continue to serve our consumers by delivering best in class product experience, stability and performance by interfacing with product core teams, managing SW commitments, and executing to these commitments while leveraging all aspects of SW platforming across the SW lines and products.
We are looking for a senior software engineer with development and analysis skills for our integration team. As a team member, the senior software engineer will focus on content integration, improvement of system stability and performance, debugging, issue triage and resolution. This position involves verification, triage, analysis, bug fixing, driving critical blocking issues, working with product teams, HW teams and product management teams to deliver new Android smart phone products.
• Minimum 5 years java programming experience Considerable coding experience in Java, along with experience in C/C .
• Experience with mobile application development and design patterns.
• Solid understanding of Android framework and Android mobile application development.
• Solid understanding of OO principles, data structures, networked programming.
• Strong understanding of mobile design principles and Android UI best practices
• Proficient in networking, multi-threading, caching strategies, memory management, and power management techniques specific to mobile devices
• Excellent foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in OO design, data structures, algorithms, and software design.
• BS in CS or other related technical discipline.
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
• BS in CS or other related technical discipline, 5 years relevant experience
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT