CTG Network Analyst in Buffalo, New York
Title: Network Analyst
Job Number: 17203663
CTG is currently seeking a Network Analyst to provide internal and client support!
Oversee the Windows server infrastructure, VMware environment and email components along with the LAN/WAN infrastructure of the company’s data network. Provides level II and III network support. Works closely with Helpdesk and Telecommunications team. A qualified candidate will have some of the necessary skills, and the drive to learn skills as necessary.
• Maintain all network/server systems across the enterprise
• Implement new and upgrade existing WAN/LAN networking technologies at various locations
• Implement/Maintain Active Directory Architecture for centralized authentication
• Implement/Maintain Battery backup solution for proper shutdown procedures.
• Ensure network services are available to all staff
• Travel required 1-2 days/week, within 3 hours of Buffalo for support at remote site (paid time, mileage reimbursed). Must have reliable vehicle.
• Ensure data backups are maintained and stored at the off-site vendor storage and tested to ensure functional system restores
• Ensure server-based antivirus systems are maintained to ensure integrity of network systems
• Ensure helpdesk personnel can provide level I network support
• Provide level II network support for problems that cannot be resolved by the Helpdesk
• Research, evaluate, and advise management on new networking technologies and IT policies
• Ensure network documentation systems are integrated with network management, configuration management, and problem management databases to ensure timely and accurate information is provided to all support groups
• Ensure IT purchases conform with department’s strategic direction
• Research and evaluate new networking technologies to develop IT policies
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Essential Job Functions:
• Install, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot:
Network file servers, VMware environment, firewall appliances, network switches, and routers, network printers
E-mail systems, mail gateways
- Monitoring stations/System alerts
Network client software and hardware for various versions of WIN, MAC, NT workstations and servers
• Provide advanced administration functions for servers and e-mail systems, which may include administration of domain accounts
• Provide information for compliance purposes and assist in ensuring current compliance
• Ensure tape backup systems are functioning and tape backups are regularly completed on servers across the enterprise
• Ensure current virus definitions are installed and anti-virus software is functioning on all file servers
structure to ensure up-to-date and accurate information is available to all staff
• Develop detailed documentation for implementation and change plans for installing and reconfiguring network equipment and systems
• Develop specifications for, select, and test new networking technologies, equipment, and facilities
• Work with the helpdesk to develop end-user and technical documentation for networking and e-mail systems
• Provide training to helpdesk staff in basic network administration and troubleshooting as directed by the team lead and manager
• Develop and prepare reports about the utilization levels of the network, down time, and response time at the end-user level
• Monitor Change Management tickets to ensure changes are detailed prior to implementation and are scheduled properly
• Administer various UNIX systems and UNIX-based services
• Ensure current security/software and firmware patches are installed onto applicable networking systems
• Audit Active Directory design and replication and network time synchronization
• Troubleshoot Local Area Networks using network analysis software and other test equipment, perform basic packet analysis, and provide packet capture and network trace information to other support entities for analysis
• Perform network baseline analysis to ensure configuration and hardware changes positively affect network performance.
• Provide advanced administration functions for NOS and email systems
• Assist in the planning and design of Network infrastructure and systems
• Develop end user and technical documentation for networking and e-mail systems
• Develop testing methodologies and criteria for the selection and implementation of new networking equipment and technologies
• Perform other duties as required to fulfill responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, CIS, Networking Technologies, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ networking and server experience
• Xenserver experience is a plus
• Working knowledge of Unix system access and basic command sets
• Working knowledge of Wide Area Networking (WAN) principles and router configuration procedures
• Competence in Network monitoring tools, WUG, SolarWinds, Nagios, Wireshark
• Competence in Microsoft Windows, Exchange, directory services, enterprise backup software, enterprise antivirus software, and web services
• Ability to troubleshoot and determine source of problems
• Ability to make recommendations to management on network technical and configuration direction, hardware/software and networking component purchases
• Competent understanding of business processes and their interdependence on IT infrastructure
• Competence in project management practices and associated tools
• Competent in Wide Area Networking (WAN) principles and router configuration procedures
• Competence in various Firewall technologies, Check Point experience is a plus.
• Competence in Network monitoring tools, WUG, SolarWinds, Nagios, Wireshark
• PowerShell scripting knowledge is a plus
• Working knowledge of Server 2008 R2-2016, Network switching technologies, LAN topologies, TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, and DHCP
• Working knowledge of VMware setup/configuration
No third party resumes will be accepted
Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquires may be conducted
All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT