CTG IT PROJECT MANAGER III in Buffalo, New York
Title: IT PROJECT MANAGER III
Job Number: 17203788
Under general direction of either a Portfolio Manager or in some cases a Program Manager, an IT Project
Manager III leads and directs high-priority projects, which often cross multiple Business lines and require
considerable resources and high levels of functional integration.
The Project Manager III should show Master Level proficiency in project execution.
The IT Project Manager III’s responsibilities include: Taking projects from original concept through final
implementation. Interface with all areas affected by the project including end users, distributors, and
vendors. Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables. Communicate with
company executives regarding the status of specific projects. Managing changes to project scope,
schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated,
reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate
The ability to apply independently the following skills:
• Lead and direct high priority projects impacting three or more businesses or functions, often requiring
considerable resources and high levels of functional integration from initiation to close. Ensure familiarity
with scope and project objectives and establish clear roles and responsibilities for project team members.
• Develop Project Plan, forecast and schedule. Work with stakeholders to record detailed project
requirements, constraints and assumptions to establish project deliverables, using requirement-gathering
techniques and the project charter.
• Ensure plans for assigned projects include work breakdown, project organization chart, cost/budget and
communication, risk, quality and resource plans.
• Communicate project plans to affected parties to ensure a common understanding, set expectations and
align stakeholders and project team members.
• Ensure execution of tasks defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals.
Execute all parts of the project plan and manage the budget/forecast.
Monitor and control project work including change controls.
• Measure project performance utilizing appropriate tools and techniques to monitor progress; identify and
quantify variances, complete any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
• Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events.
• Improve project team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and
motivating to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency and boost morale.
• Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in
accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to
• Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit
points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
This position is in Buffalo, NY
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Project Management & Administration