CTG Benefits Advisor in Buffalo, New York
Title: Benefits Advisor
Job Number: 17203822
CTG is currently seeking a full time Benefits Administrator to become part of our HR team in Buffalo, NY!
Job Title: Benefits Administrator
Location: Buffalo, NY
Specializes in human resources at the professional level, and carries out responsibilities in benefits, administering and advising employees and management on the interpretation of benefit policies, programs, and procedures. Works with all organizational levels, especially with managers, lawyers, field employees, payroll, accounts payable, outside vendors and third party health care providers.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Provide solutions to level 2 Benefits Helpdesk calls
• Ensure that benefits programs are carried out in accordance with policies and procedures
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned
• Advise individuals regarding eligibility and coverage for such programs as health, dental, vision, group life, long- and short-term disability, retirement, and other such policies
• Ensure compliance with COBRA, HIPAA, Affordable Care Act (ACA) provisions, and file required State and Federal reports
• Communicate provisions of benefit packages by way of open enrollment communications, Benefits website, and onboarding materials
• Administer long- and short-term disability plans ensuring claims are processed correctly by third party vendor
• Report and manage company-wide workers’ compensation claims with third party administrator
• Maintain appropriate workers compensation coverage in monopolistic states
• Administer life insurance claims, evidence of insurability, and portability options
• Process and, if applicable, contest unemployment claims administered by third party vendor
• Reconcile and process payments for benefit vendor invoices and conduct benefits audits as applicable
• Maintain online benefits files, including acting as administrator for Benefits SharePoint site
• Work with risk insurance brokers to provide accurate Certificates of Insurance at client request
• Perform other duties as assigned to fulfill responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in business with human resource concentration, or equivalent experience
• PHR/SPHR certification preferred
• Minimum of four years’ benefits experience
• Minimum of two years’ customer service experience
• Expertise in benefits administration
• Expertise in human resources and benefit law
• Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Competence in SharePoint and other online systems
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer service
• Independent thinker who strives to make continuous improvements
No third party resumes will be accepted
Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquires may be conducted
All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG’s greatest asset is our people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Benefits Administration