CTG Senior Cloud Java Developer in Bentonville, Arkansas
Title: Senior Cloud Java Developer
Job Number: 17204976
We're hiring! Our client located in Bentonville, AR is looking to interview / hire immediately. This is a full time / permanent job opening, offering rewarding full salaried competitive packages! If you have experience working in a cloud environment as a Java Developer, this position might be for you!
Job Title: Senior Cloud Services Java Developer
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Cloud Services Java Developer to join our team in Bentonville, AR. The DevOps/Field Engineer supports and enhances our development, lab, and continuous integration and delivery platforms, working closely with the development and test teams to optimize the build-test-deploy cycle. You will also leverage your in-depth knowledge of our complex solution stack to facilitate on-site installation and configuration at our customer locations, performing troubleshooting and issue resolution as required.
The Senior Cloud Services Java Developer works with a team of developers to design, develop, and support customizations to both our clients software products and customer owned software solutions. As a client facing developer, you will also leverage your in-depth knowledge of our complex solution stack to provide guidance and assistance to customer technical resources.
In this role, you will play a crucial part in the creation of high-quality deliverables, working with a team of developers and testers at our Bentonville-based headquarters. Just as important, you will travel to our customer locations to facilitate the successful delivery of major project milestones.
Responsibilities of the Senior Cloud Services Java Developer:
• Designs, develop, and support user interfaces for retail applications completing programming using various languages and software products
• Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
• Designs and codes programs; creates test transactions and runs tests; revises as necessary
• Providing estimates for development efforts based on business requirements and knowledge of the specific customer environment
• Design and architectural guidance of development efforts, both individually and as a part of a senior team
• Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system.
• Updating release notes by documenting new features, fixes, and notable setup or configuration; reviewing release notes with customers
• Monitoring builds and collaborating with DevOps and test team members to resolve build issues
• Troubleshooting deployment issues in conjunction with DevOps and test team members
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar technical leadership role
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
• Extensive hands on development experience using Core Java/J2EE
• Extensive experience with Java frameworks such as Spring
• Experience developing MicroServices
• Experience with Cloud Technologies/Platforms such as OneOps, Docker, OpenStack, etc
• In depth understanding of both Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles
• Experience with OSGi technologies such as Karaf or Equinox
• Experience with Restful Services
• Experience with JSON
• Exceptional written and verbal communication
• Strong interest in customer interaction and mentoring, and a willingness to travel as needed during key project milestones
• Strong mentorship and presentation skills
• Triage and troubleshooting techniques in time-critical situations
• Networking configurations and troubleshooting
• Experience with Message Bus technologies including MQTT and ActiveMQ
• Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
• Extensive experience with Java frameworks such as Spring, Camel, and Hibernate
• Source code management, specifically Accurev and Git
• Experience with any/all of the following: Camel, Maven, DoJo, Apache CXF
• Extensive experience building Java applications from scratch
• Mobile development experience with Cordova, Node, or equivalents
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT