CTG Z/OS WAS CONSULTANT in Baltimore, Maryland
Title: Z/OS WAS CONSULTANT
Job Number: 17204561
CTG is seeking to hire a z/OS WebSphere Consultant to work onsite with our client in Baltimore, MD. You would be paid on a W-2 basis.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Hours: 6:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday - Friday
Travel: As required
Duration: 1 year
Pay terms: W-2 (no C2C or 1099)
Performs multiple functions that supports a mainframe WebSphere environment that encompasses but is not limited to:
• Build WAS cells, servers, node agents, and deployment managers
• Install and migrate WAS maintenance, upgrades and fixes via System Modification Program/Extended (SMP/E) or IBM Installation Manager
• Configure installation parameters to include IBM Customer Information Control System (CICS) Transaction Gateway (CTG) and IBM Database 2 (DB2) Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) drivers and IBM Message Query (MQ)
• Identify and configure tuning parameters such as Java Virtual Machine (JVM) Heap, JVM Arguments, Servant Region instances (Min/Max), etcetera
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues within the WAS environment to include interoperability between WAS and: IBM CICS, IBM DB2, IBM MQ, IBM z Operating System, and SSA application code to include IBM Web Services
• Support the stabilization of current environments – IBM z/OS WebSphere (WebSphere Application Server) V8.5
• Support the planning and migration to future releases of IBM z/OS WebSphere and the subsequent stabilization of future environments
• Provide technical support to personnel as z/OS WebSphere applications are migrated through the systems lifecycle
• Provide support to personnel to identify and implement IBM z/OS WebSphere performance and tuning requirements
• Provide support to personnel with IBM z/OS WebSphere problem determination efforts to include analysis of new and emerging technologies such as IBM Liberty Profile, IBM Liberty Batch and IBM Web Services and the interoperability within z/OS WebSphere
• Participate in planning and establishing Best Practices for the current and future release of the IBM z/OS WebSphere environments to include: Apache Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Servers , IBM Liberty Profile, IBM Liberty Batch and IBM Web Services
• Provide programming support to stabilize the current and future IBM z/OS WebSphere environments.
• Provide diagnostic services for IBM z/OS WebSphere problem determination activities
• Provide instruction in the use of IBM tools and utilities to execute IBM z/OS WebSphere performance and tuning activities
• Create scripts using approved languages such as Jython, JCL, or REXX to automate manual procedures or to improve existing processes.
• Document steps, tools and utilities used for collecting data to assist with problem determination activities.
• Document Client fixes or enhancements developed to either resolve a problem or improve a process.
• Document steps, tools and utilities used to capture metrics to determine system and application performance tuning recommendations
• Provide hands-on demonstration of the process to collect metrics to determine system and application performance recommendations
Required skills/Level of Experience :
• Experience tuning and maintaining IBM mainframe systems software.
• Knowledge of z/OS WebSphere monitoring tools.
• Experience using SMP/E or IBM Installation Manager.
• Experience debugging IBM z/OS WebSphere system software problems.
• Experience providing IBM z/OS WebSphere performance and tuning recommendations.
• Experience of how IBM z/OS WebSphere applications interface with other existing IBM infrastructure technologies such as CICS, DB2, and MQ Series software
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Programming & Application Development